9 Beautiful Things About Spring
1. Ancient wisdom, from Traditional Chinese Medicine to Ayurveda, tells us that Spring is a time of rebirth. The energy of Spring will support you in letting go of anything that no longer serves you.
2. Each day of the season will have more light than the day before.
3. A quick lesson on wildflowers: a wildflower is a flower that grows naturally in its environment without any help from humans. Most are native, meaning they evolved naturally in a specific region alongside, and in support of, local insects, birds and more. Wildflowers are ancient architects of their respective ecosystems. Many wildflowers bloom this season. It's a beautiful time to explore your ecosystem's co-creators (here is a tool to guide you.)
4. National Book Award-nominated writer Andrea Lee's new book, Red Island House, comes out later this month. This book gives us a chance to take an early dive into warmth through a magnetic exploration of marriage, wealth, identity and freedom.
5. More and more studies are showing that birds increase our happiness. One even showed that a 10% increase in bird species sightings delivered the satisfaction level of an income increase. Birds are in the midst of their Spring migration. Our exposure is likely to increase (here is a tool to learn more about the birds you see and hear.)
6. The Spring Equinox falls on March 20th this year. On this day we will have officially survived what, for many of us, will be the harshest winter of our lives. Use the days leading up to the Spring Equinox to release what you want to leave behind. Longer, warmer, brighter days are just ahead.
7. Robin Wright's Land, a movie about healing from deep pain through nature and human kindness, is out now.
8. March 28th brings us a Full Moon in Libra at 2:49 PM EST. Full Moons are a time to celebrate and reflect on how far you've come.